|Liquid Housings and Vessels: Metal
Sanitary Design SN Series
Features and Benefits
- Engineered to meet the sterile filtration demands of the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
- Housing designs with 20 Ra standard surface finishes and no wetted threaded connections.
- Engineered for filtration applications involving chemical systems, high-purity, general filtration and final product purification.
- Constructed of corrosion-resistant 316 series stainless steel to ensure longevity and system purity.
- Vent and drain valves configured for easy cleaning and efficient sampling.
ASME Code Housings:
Our filter housings are designed to comply with 3A Dairy Standards and fabricated in strict compliance with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division I.
All surfaces are electropolished to minimize contamination and ease of cleaning. All wetted surfaces are standard 20 Ra. All non-wetted sur-faces are 32 Ra.
Our complete design and fabrication expertise allow the production of filter housings with expedited design and on-time deliveries.
- Materials: 316L series Stainless, Steel Silicone O-Ring (other compounds optional)
- Closure: 1 Round – Heavy-duty Clamp; 3 to 12 Round – Swing Bolt and Swivel Nut
- Sizes: 1 Round -10, 20, 30, 40 and 05-inch; 3 to 12 Round – 10, 20, 30 and 40-inch
- Filter Connections: Code 7 (226), Code 8 (222)
- Maximum Pressure Rating: Limited to Gasket/O-Ring Material Option
- Ethylene Propylene: 1 Round -20°F to 250°F; 3- 12 Round -20°F to 275°F
- Viton: -20°F to 400°F
- 1 Round: 250 psi (liquid), 125 psi (gas) [Steam Jacket: 50 psi]. Hydrostatic Test Pressure: 375 psi [Steam Jacket: 75 psi] @ 60°F ± 20°
- 3 to 12 Round: 150 psi @ 200°F and full vacuum. Hydrostatic Test Pressure: 225 psi @ 60°F ± 20°F
Replacement parts are listed in the Product Information Inserts included with the housings at the time of shipment.
When housing is used in a process requiring in situ steam sterilization, the housing must always be mounted with the inlet/outlet down as shown to ensure proper drainage. If no in situ steam sterilization is required, the housing can be mounted in any position desired.
Customer to supply and install pressure relief device in the pipeline to protect the housing from over pressure.
Customer to supply and install piping supports within 12 inches of connections.
Closure bolts to be lubricated prior to bolt-up. Tighten nuts opposite each other in a crossing pattern. Do not apply full torque at one time. Tighten initially to a maximum of 50% of the specified torque.
Cartridges are not factory installed and are shown for reference only.